Electronic Advance Application System for Post-secondary Programmes (E-APP)
Electronic Advance Application System for Post-secondary Programmes (E-APP) is a one-stop online application system for post-secondary programmes developed by the Education Bureau. Candidates sitting for the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSE) in the current academic year may lodge advance applications for full-time locally-accredited sub-degree and undergraduate programmes (including sub-degree programmes under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors and most of the eligible programmes under the Non-means-tested Subsidy Scheme for Self-financing Undergraduate Studies in Hong Kong) that are not covered by the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) via the E-APP before the release of HKDSE results.
Benefits of using E-APP
With this simple and fast one-stop online service, applicants may apply for most of the full-time locally-accredited sub-degree and undergraduate programmes that are not covered by the JUPAS in a single online application before the release of HKDSE results. Applicant may receive conditional offer(s) from institution before the release of HKDSE results.
On the date of HKDSE results announcement, E-APP will pass applicants’ HKDSE results directly from the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA) to their applied institutions so that those institutions can confirm their offers as soon as possible.
Operational Flow of E-APP
Before applying via the E-APP, applicants may browse the Concourse for Self-financing Post-secondary Education (the Concourse) website (www.cspe.edu.hk) for information about post-secondary institutions and details of about 450 full-time locally-accredited Higher Diploma, Associate Degree and Undergraduate programmes that are not covered by the JUPAS, including their tuition fees, entry requirements, and accreditation and recognition by relevant professional bodies. The Concourse website also provides information pertaining to the institutions' estimated number of intake places, application and admission arrangements for the 2023/24 academic year as well as their past admission scores and graduate statistics.
After applicants submit applications through the E-APP, it will pass the applications to the concerning institutions, which will then process the applications and update application status and progress on the E-APP. If the applicants are deemed qualified, conditional offers may be given to them before the release of HKDSE results.
In addition to facilitating HKDSE candidates’ programme application, E-APP is also accessible to secondary schools. Secondary school teachers may upload School Reference Reports onto the E-APP for post-secondary institutions’ reference; and can also keep track of their students’ application status and progress on the E-APP so that they may provide timely guidance to their students.
List of E-APP participating institutions (as at November 2022)
1. Caritas Bianchi College of Careers
2. Caritas Institute of Higher Education
3. City University of Hong Kong – School of Continuing and Professional Education
4. Gratia Christian College
5. HKCT Institute of Higher Education
6. HKU School of Professional and Continuing Education and HKU SPACE Community
7. HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College
8. Hong Kong Adventist College
9. Hong Kong Art School (a division of the Hong Kong Arts Centre)
10. Hong Kong Baptist University - Academy of Film, College of International Education and
School of Continuing Education
11. Hong Kong Chu Hai College
12. Hong Kong College of Technology
13. Hong Kong Institute of Technology
14. Hong Kong Nang Yan College of Higher Education
15. Hong Kong Shue Yan University
16. Lingnan Institute of Further Education
17. The Chinese University of Hong Kong – School of Continuing and Professional Studies
18. The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong
19. The Hong Kong Polytechnic University – Hong Kong Community College
20. Hong Kong Metropolitan University – Li Ka Shing School of Professional and Continuing
21. Tung Wah College
22. UOW College Hong Kong
23. Vocational Training Council1– Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) / Hong
Kong Design Institute (HKDI) / Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong
24. Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education
25. YMCA College of Careers
1. Include self-financing and subvented programmes
Details about the launch of E-APP
8 December 2022
Commencement of E-APP application
22 May 2023
Deadline for E-APP Main Round Application
25 May 2023
Commencement of E-APP Second Round Application
|10 July 2023||Deadline for E-APP Second Round Application|
19 July 2023*
Announcement of the 2023 HKDSE Results by HKEAA
9 August 2023*
Announcement of the 2023 JUPAS Main Round offer results
*Please refer to the HKEAA and JUPAS websites for the latest updates.
Last Review Date: 10/01/2023